This is the story of a single girl and her random interactions with dating and boys....

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Oh randomness

I know that random things happen but this last week has been extra unexpected.  Within a weeks time I have had contact with all 4 exes (guys I actually dated with some seriousness)  It started off with old Kyle who texted completely out of the blue.  After the lame Facebook party thing I figure any conversation was dead between us, apparently not!  It was just a how are you, catch up texting but I threw in maybe I'll hit you up sometime to go hiking, which came with the response 'sounds good to me.'  Guess this means we can be friends and hang out sometime.  I'm past having feelings for Kyle so it would making hanging out easy.  He also happens to be the only ex where we have not mastered being friends after dating so this is a good sign.

Next was Zack who has the habit of texting randomly.  It had been a while so it was nice to just catch up.  He was happy I was dating and told me he worries about me.  We were always good friends so its nice to keep in touch occasionally. 

This was followed by the first of all boy issues, Joe.  I'm in Costco and I see him and his son, he didn't see me and I couldn't decide whether to ignore or say hi.  Haven't seen him in about a year and our last conversation did not go well.  Which is why I hesitated to say hi.  But being the bigger person I stopped and ended up sitting and chatting for an hour.  There is nothing better than realizing that I am so happy to be free from him.  The entire conversation was about him.  I think he asked all of one question, he just talked about himself the entire time.  Really I shouldn't be surprised as he was always selfish and self-centered when we dated and when we were close friends.  The only thing I kept thinking was why did I waste those 5+ years wishing and hoping it would work out with us.  I'm just going to say what everyone else thinks and that is I was an idiot, a very big idiot!  But have to take those experiences, learn from them and move on to better things.

After these three had made contact I was feeling pretty good that all my good vibes about myself must be trailing through the universe and even touching the men from my past.  I figure I wouldn't hear from Brett as it had been a long time since we have had contact.  But no, he was the final in this random quad of boys.  Late evening I posted on Facebook about a movie I'd just seen and really liked and he commented followed by a text.  Then he even proceeded to invite me to go to a movie sometime.  As I wasn't sure he was single I did my due diligence to see what was up.  From FB it would seem he is no longer seeing someone so maybe we can hang out this summer too.  Other than old Kyle I was friends with all these guys prior to dating them seriously and so we have that to fall back on and be successful as friends.

I get a lot of crap from people that I am too nice to exes who have hurt me, but it is impossible for me to stay mad, get revenge or hold a grudge.  I am very forgiving of others which I see as one of my virtues.  All this interaction with these guys helps to put things in perspective and allows me to end my thoughts and feelings positively with them.  What better way to move on from past relationships than with positive closure to know that they were good guys who I really liked but they were not the right fit for me and that's ok.  I can learn from those relationships to know what I want in the next guy and how it can be even better.  I feel like all these experiences are helping to get me ready for what's coming.  I'm in such a good place in my life right now that this extra closure just tops everything.  I am whole, I am open and I am ready for the next opportunity....

No comments:

Post a Comment