We have made it to the month anniversary! And some interesting things have transpired in the last week. We continue to hang out almost everyday. I'm happy to say I have matured enough to accept that life gets busy and sometimes we just can't hang out and I'm completely ok with that. The free time allows me to accomplish my own errands and projects and to get personal time. This is new for me as usually I get clingy and freak out if there is space that it means things are going south. But with experience and time I realize now that the space apart is just how life works and usually has a more positive affect on a relationship. I feel bad that I've deserted all my girlfriends but as this has happened to me over the last 10 years I figure its just my turn to be wrapped up completely with someone. Eventually things will mellow enough that I can start making time for my friends.
Last weekend we hit a big bump. Had a day off from seeing him then Thursday went great, taking time away seems to make seeing each other that much more special. But the next day something felt off but I figured maybe I was just giving off a weird vibe (or I was tired), but feeling the distance just made me act weirder. By Saturday morning things were definitely not good. With a failed attempt to find a rock quarry to go shooting in the mountains I was upset, too tired and emotionally breaking. We returned and I thought maybe the day was over since I was definitely not myself and there was a huge gap that I was grasping to fix. Kyle then sat me down and let me know he was feeling disconnected. I took this as, we are breaking up, and the tears started. But this man loves me enough to hold me as we talked about what we were feeling and how to make it better. There were things that were bothering him and I expressed my fears. It was amazing to openly talk about things and know that we both wanted to make them better. He headed out and I followed an hour later to continue the plans for the day. Let me just say that the talk we had has completely changed and made everything even better. We spent the day hiking and exploring Portland, then enjoyed the evening together. Sunday he came over and spent an entertaining evening with my parents. Monday we took a break and then have been working around him moving and all the complications coming with that as we try to fit in time together. As we have come on a month of dating we are closer than ever! Open communication is key. He worries about me and my happiness and I am the same about him. We are equal partners in this relationship and by always being open to talk about things it just makes us stronger as a couple. I have let him focus on moving and kept myself entertained and he has appreciated that I am supportive and allow him to put his attention elsewhere for the present. We continue to express our opinion and concerns and solve the issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment