This is the story of a single girl and her random interactions with dating and boys....

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

And they keep coming

Fact:  The more you log on to Match.com the more people who wink, email and want to get to know you.  A guy emailed me about a week ago and we had some nice emails back and forth, then he sent me his phone number and we switched to texting.  I'm going to say this guy is really good looking, almost to the point I'm not sure I'm in his league, but I've got a ton of photos posted so he knows what I look like.  He doesn't live in the state and is divorced with an adopted daughter which are normally not my scene but I'm willing to make an exception.  He sent the best text messages and pleaded for me to go out on a date with him.  He travels to Oregon frequently so the possibility of more than one date is there.  I have to wait about a month before his next visit here, but I'm excited to see what happens.  Here is a guy who is taking action and making the effort. He was going to research a place for dinner and joked he was willing blow off a meeting with a CEO in order to go on a date with me.  I just want to feel special and important and so far Dustin seems to be willing to do that.  We don't text much as he is also a busy guy who travels a lot, but until we meet and see what happens I like the slow approach and getting to know him once we meet.

I went on a date this last weekend with a guy named Jason.  Went to a very nice resteraunt for a first date.  We were there 4 hours and had a lot talk about.  While we were chatting I realized that I need to be more open minded about the people I date.  It went well but I did not get the impression there was be another date.  I mentioned that we should hang out again, but didn't get much of a response.

An update on Brett, I wore my big girls pants and asked whether or not he was still in a relationship and no he is not.  I also told him that I liked him, we have always had good chemistry over the years and now I can enjoy the fact that I like him.  He agreed about the chemistry and seem to take my comments well.  My one thing is that everytime I ask if he wants to hang out all I get are maybes and possibly, not quite the response I want.  Also he seems to have gone off the radar, texting has slowed down and now can go days where I don't hear from him.  I'm not sure if my comments have freaked him out, or if he's busy, or if all this is nothing more than a game.  I don't want to spent time with him half way.  Either we are friends only, no benefits or I think we should give dating a shot.  For now I'm just going to ignore and leave things be.  I will repeat again that as hard as it is to be patient I truely want to be with a guy who wants to be with me and will make the effort.

Feast or famine; boys falling from the sky who want to spend time together or nobody.  As of today we are at the nobody stage again.  I'm trying my best to get back to that place of not caring, leaving things be and just going on in my life without a thought related to the man world.  Problem is everytime I get to that awesome place of moving on some guy falls in my lap and we begin this twisted dating/relationship game again.  My life is better when the ups and downs of dating are non-existant and I'd like to stay that way, but that always seem to attract a new guy, go figure.  The statement 'it happens when you are not looking' is very true.  My only issue with it is that when I'm not looking it happens but does not continue to the next step.  Instead I end up hurt and broken again and would be much better off if it had never happen.  I'm tired of the failures in dating.  I want a relationship that will last and turn into a marriage and a family.  I'm not asking the impossible, other people have it, it would be nice to be my turn soon.

For now things have quieted down and I'm working back to emotional ambivalence and refocusing on myself and being happy in the life I have.  We will see what comes next.....

No comments:

Post a Comment