Quick updates first: Brett has completely fallen off the earth and doesn't text me anymore. His loss! I know Dustin is on vacation in Alaska but both times I texted before his trip I have not heard back. I'm hoping he is just busy and now away fishing and I'll hold out for him as we are getting closer to the date and he gets the benefit of the doubt. If we pass July with no date, then I'll let it go. Jeff and I went to a concert and I've decided as long he is not making any actual indications he wants our hanging out to be more than just a friendship, then I'm not going to say anything about it. I also went on a date with someone new. Had a dinner date with James and it was really fun. We talked for hours and had a nice time. He even brought me an orchid plant as a house warming gift, very thoughtful. Conversation was great, not sure how I feel about him, but he would make a great friend to do things with. I think there will be potential of hanging out again sometime.
While on that date I realized that I make a great date. Regardless of how I feel about the person every date I go on is fun with lots of conversation and laughs. Sometimes that is the only time I go out with that person but I hope I always leave a good impression. I know for some people meeting online dates is scary and they don't know what it will be like. I'm no longer nervous to go on dates so I am relaxed and completely myself which helps me and the person I'm with. I hope that everyone I ever go out with has a great time and leave with a positive outlook on meeting new people either as blind dates, setups or from online. I'm hoping that one of these days these fun dates will be with someone I truely connect with on all levels and turns into something special.
So there is this guy at the gym, Chad, who over the last almost 2 years have been talking and flirting with. I noticed him long before we ever spoke to each other. My best friend Aimee helps with conversations and we've found out lots of things about him. Most importantly that he is single! So over all this time we talk to him almost every time we are at the gym, 4 days a week. Sometimes I really get the vibe that he is interested but he doesn't make the move and neither have I. I've dragged my feet long enough. Now is the time to act. Figure I'll ask him if he's interested in hanging out sometime in a non-gym setting and we'll see what happens. I would really like to get to know him on a one-on-one basis. I've been attracted to him since the first time I saw him long before we ever talked. I'd like to now know him on the next level that's more personal. I've had many opportunities and have manged to not act every time. The next opening I get, I'm taking it and we'll see what he says.
No comments:
Post a Comment