This is the story of a single girl and her random interactions with dating and boys....

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Boyfriend

After that first date with Si things continue to go well.  We texted and talked on the phone multiple times a day.  We were going to hang out on Tuesday but my parents scheduled opened up to get together to have our weekly ritual of dinner and dancing (our TV show)  As my mother was heading out of town I didn't want to miss the opportunity.  Si gave me a rain-check as we had planned the entire weekend together.  While at my parents he called and wanted to be put on speaker phone to meet the parents.  They liked him and this was prior to me having any discussion about him and how our date the week before had gone.  Fast forward to Friday he came my way, got the house tour and we went out to sushi for dinner, followed by a movie.  It was a great date and I had been looking forward to spending time in person.  It's hard to know what things really are when its not in person.  We have amazing conversations but nothing beats connecting face to face.  Awesome evening and we past a first for me as he told me he loved me and I responded the same.  The next day was followed by getting up at 4am and heading out to Scappoose to where his parents live.  Went with his mom and dad out on the boat fishing.  Got to enjoy the sunrise and reel my first fish.  We then went back to his parents to hang out, eat and got to meet 2 of his 3 sisters.  He didn't tell me until after we left that spending the day with his family he felt would be the deal breaker.  He wasn't sure what I would think and was holding out until then.  Lucky for him I was more in love with him after spending time with his family.  It opened up a door to see who he really is.  People can rarely hide themselves in front of their own family.  Such good qualities and its obvious they love each other and have fun together.  I got the approval from both parents and now I look forward to him meeting my family.  We then came back, he helped me do cut-outs for my lesson and enjoyed hanging out.

Things I love about Josiah:  He makes me laugh!  We can be having a serious conversation where the topic is tense or heavy and we manage to always lighten the mood.  He gets me, somehow even before we met in person he understood me and some of my quirks.  He knows I can overthink and puts up with it and reminds me to relax.  He sings to me, sometimes in public just to embarrass me.  He thinks I'm the most beautiful, sexy, pretty, wonderful person.  He thinks I'm amazing and has me on this pedestal where he wants to be a better person to be at my level.  We talk about spiritual things, life stuff, we've prayed together, we act and talk like good friends and yet are more than just that.  We come from opposite sides but he put it best that even though we are so different we are completely the same mentally on how we think and there is a lot to be said for that.  We don't talk our religious views but we think the same on the main spiritual points that are most important.  I should say he is in no way perfect, he's done things, been a little wild and still rough around the edges but he wants to try to be his best for me and I hope that I can lift him higher.  Our imperfects our perfect together, we make a good team. He's in transition for now and is happy I'm willing to be patient and stick around. I think with time we will figure out the future of our lives together.

I've had a lot of time to think about things, the pros and cons, and I think I could see myself spending my life with him.  He's a big kid and a lot like my brother which is a good thing.  He doesn't take things too seriously and is way more relaxed than myself.  I love that he verbally says so many kind things to me, I always feel special in his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment