This is the story of a single girl and her random interactions with dating and boys....

Monday, March 26, 2012

Something New

First Match.com date is a really cute guy named Kyle whose profile I saw and had to send a wink. This was followed by an email from him, then an evening of IM on the website. I gave him my number and the next night we talked for over an hour on the phone. So nice to meet a cute, sweet, attentive guy with who you have some of the more important and quirky things in common. Without hesitation we decided to go out the next day. We met at Starbucks, very safe and public, got hot chocolates then headed to Forest Park for a hike to the Pittock Mansion. Great thing about this date is that it gave a lot of time to talk and get to know each other without other distractions. I played the part of a good listener as he was the more talkative one. We then decided to extend the date some more and head into Portland for "linner", not quite lunch or dinner lol. He was funny, comes from a great family background, works with kids and loves special ed (this was the main selling point). On top of all that we had so many things in common, and not just the usual things but some of the more odd things. He was just as happy as I was to find someone else in the world who liked the stranger things. By the end he expressed a lot of interest along with lots of side hugs, I think to break the touch barrier. So nice to go out on a fun date, with great company and know that they really liked you. We set plans for the next two dates and I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to stay open minded and let things go at there own pace. Again all of dating is just an experiment so the end outcome is never known or decided until to reach it. And if for some reason it doesn't work out, there is an entire site of men waiting for their turn to date me (maybe just a little over confident at the moment lol) Let's let it at hope for a great 2nd date!

No comments:

Post a Comment